All athletes MUST satisfy the following THREE requirements set by the NZ Secondary Schools Sports Council:
1. Be enrolled as a bona fide (Year 9 or above) student at the school of representation and studying at least 80% of a programme that is part of the timetable provided by the school for at least four weeks immediately prior to the event;
2. Have a satisfactory attendance record at the school (final decision will be made at the Principals discretion); and
3. Have reached a maximum of 18 years of at 1st January 2020.
All athletes MUST satisfy the following three requirements set by OWNZ:
1. Be a registered member of OWNZ; with all 2020 membership fees paid;
2. Have reached a minimum age of 12 years at 1st January 2020; and
3. Not be banned from any other sport in any country of the world because of a doping offence.
All athletes must wear an appropriate lifting suit according to the IWF standards. School P.E. Uniform is acceptable as long as t-shirts are collarless and the referees can see elbows and knees.